COVID-19 “Return to Tennis” Mandatory Protocol
- Register Online for LSA program and sign COVID-19 electronic waiver.
- PHASE 1: Small group size/6 feet between tennis participants. No more than 10 total people including Program Director/Coach, participants and volunteers. Parents are expected to assist with 1-1 for their child on the tennis court as needed. Program participants on waiting lists may participate in weekly virtual tennis classes until additional in-person class time is offered.
- Complete in-person screening before every class at your designated clinic location.
- Wear masks to and from tennis class.
- Temperature checks before every tennis class.
- Hand sanitizer before and after tennis class.
- Tennis Equipment: It is encouraged but not mandatory for the program participant to bring his/her own racquet. Shared equipment will be cleaned after every tennis class.
- If I get or have had COVID-19, I will report it to the Program Director/Coach and not attend any in-person Love Serving Autism events until 7 days after my symptoms end. I will go to the doctor and get written clearance before returning to any tennis activities.
During the registration process please note that “Participant” refers to the tennis player/family member you are signing up on behalf of.
Beginner Level: Red Ball (intro to tennis, basic skills, hand-eye coordination, social skills)
Intermediate Level: Orange Ball (tennis experience required, adding movement w/drills and games, social skills)
Advanced Level: Green Ball (tennis experience required, Rallying on a full-size tennis court, learning rules of tennis for competition, social skills)
Inclusion: Yellow Ball (tennis experience required, student enters into typical after-school program or tournament competition, social skills)